Employment With Safe N Secure
We are looking for individuals with the personal qualities required to deal with the public in a very positive manner, yet firm enough to enforce property rules and sometimes covenants. Good personality and quality of the individual are our priorities.
- Minimum of 10 years US-licensed driving experience (if you got your learner permit at 15, you are eligible for the job when you turn 25);
- Clean driving record (no DUI within the last 6 (six) years and no drivers license suspension within the last 3 (three) years);
- The closer you live to the island the better, ideally on the island is best;
- Must be able to use a computer for basic functions. All our reports are done online.
- Must speak and write in English fluently. Safe N Secure is a Speak-English-Only employer, in compliance with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) “Speak-English Only” rule.
- Must be in physical condition sufficient to comfortably handle walking patrol.
- Must be willing to work the nights of the 4th of July, New Years Eve and the day and evening of the Florida/Georgia game.
- Must be confortable driving at night.
- Smart Phone.
- You must be a full-time resident because we need you all year. The summer is busy with the tourist population, and the winter slower but with lots of events animating the island.
- Valid D License (Florida Security Guard License), however, if you do not have a license we are equipped and licensed to give you the training so that you get your license. The training will be through self-paced private classes but you must be in our office on Amelia to complete it. Training will be reimbursed to you after six months of duty.
- Having your own gear (duty belt and basic tools).
- G License.
- If you are willing to work from home to do remote monitoring and be “On Call” you will be able to pick up many more shifts. Note that you are being compensated while being "On Call" but at a different rate, and, if response to an emergency is required during an "On Call" monitoring shift you receive a bonus for the intervention.
If you have a G license and want to carry, you will undergo qualification and training every 3 months. Safe N Secure operates two shooting ranges, including one with tactical bays and a 360-degree shoothouse. This is where you will qualify. We also are K instructors, licensed private investigator and NRA Training Counselors, giving you the opportunity to earn credentials and self-develop.
Provide private security patrol, vehicular and on-foot, on Amelia island to private residences, subdivisions, and commercial properties.
- You will be trusted with top of the line equipment, including handheld night-vision thermo-imaging (FLIR) for night shift.
- For your safety and liability protection you will wear a body-camera, and all vehicles are quipped with dash-cameras.
Perform remote monitoring of client's property, and responding to emergency calls.
We do not do retail, bars, clubs, or any establishment selling alcohol for onsite consumption. While we may make an exception once in a while, it is not the business we seek.
Hours and pay
- Year-long position
- $15/hr. Starting with two 5-hr. night shifts per week. Generally night shifts start at 2200hrs tand ending at 0300hrs.
- Position will grow to 5 nights/week, and/or may include work from home for monitoring.
- From May to August the position will also include or switch to day hours.
- Position include a patrol car so you can respond directly to calls from home when doing "On Call" or Monitoring work.
If you feel that this job is for you follow these 3 Simple Steps:
1) Register yourself on our system by following the instructions below.
2) Once registered, complete the application online.
3) Once you completed the application notify us through our 'Contact' page.
Instructions to register and apply:
- Click on the "START" link below.
- Create an account by clicking the "Signup" link.
- Enter your information MAKING SURE THAT YOU ENTER "SNG-HR" IN THE SITE CODE FIELD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORM IF PROMPTED.
- Once you have created your account click on the "Exam" page and then complete the "Security Agent Candidate Essay". Note that if you have no prior industry experience some of the questions may not be answerable to you. Answer them anyway the closest experience you can relate to based on your career or personal experience.
- You will receive an email about your application within a few days of completing your application.
Thank you for your interest.
Safe N Secure